Thursday, February 28, 2008

Six months...

She turns 6 months today… I can’t believe it has already been six months. it has gone by too fast – I have an overwhelming urge to slow it all down...to make the progress halt momentarily so I can absorb all that she has been and all that she is going to be… it’s been six months , six very short, sleep deprived, happily delirious, months. I worry – are the 5,000 pictures Amy has taken going to be enough? Did we miss a moment that was pivotal? Is there a second that is not going to be burned into my brain in 14 years?

Six months ago she gently suckled breast milk, was a floppy noodle baby who had no control over herself [unless you count her cry, which had the bravado of an opera singer] and we [we meaning Amy] were walking around bumping into walls –not to mention each other – from sleeping no more than 2 hours at a time.

Now, six short tiny months later - Sweet potatoes are gobbled down effortlessly, sitting up is the position of choice [with one of us assuming the “catch the baby” stance at all times], waking every two hours is a thing of the past - AND I just received an email from home informing me that she is [for the first time] drinking out of her big-girl [sippy] cup!

six stupid, wonderful, short, long months… I can’t wait for more…

No comments: