Thursday, April 3, 2008

A conversatin with my son...


We were all sitting on the front porch (Pi, BT, Kahlo and myself) and one of the kids asked how old Kahlo was now. "7 months" I say "so that makes BT 12 years and 7 months old (she was also born in August) and that makes me 32 years and 7 months old (as I was born in August as well) and that makes Mommy 33 years and 7 months old (yes, she too was born in August)" Pi looks at me and says "Oh, so I'm 10 years and 7 months old?" Slightly confused, I respond "no, you were born in March...you just had a birthday, you are not even 10 years and 1 month old yet."

You can see the wheels turning in his head... you can see thoughts and realizations processing as the synapses begin to fire... he says "OH, I GET IT!!! You birthday is the day you were BORN!!! I always thought mommy just picked that day!"

seriously? really where does this come from? I mean... he is a bright boy...Honor roll student, and he's not that kid thats smart and has no common sense... he gets things - he pays attention... seriously...how can this be a question... where have I gone wrong... hmmmm

No comments: